Ready2Nurse is a startup home health agency filled with potential! The founder is not only an experienced Stanford trained Family Nurse Practitioner but also has a mission to energize the traditional home health approach! Our care plan is designed to be disease specific and supports healthy aging to promote longevity and improve quality of life.
We are looking for an educated and licensed Physical Therapist Assistant to help patients improve their mobility and move forward. You will work closely and under the direction of the physical therapist, treating patients with medical problems or other conditions that limit their ability to move or perform functional activities.
• Implement selected components of care and interventions in a technically competent manner
• Instruct and counsel patients effectively in exercises
• Identify patient’s needs and exhibit compassion, caring, and empathy to individual differences
• Recommend options, courses of action or modifications in selected treatments ensuring patient’s progress, safety and comfort
• Apply the latest research related to restoring function, reducing symptoms frequency, and preventing injury
• Complete documentation to support the delivery of physical therapy services
• Perform selected data collection and obtain accurate information
• Measure performance and report on patient’s medical record
• Participate in patient status judgments
• Adhere to ethical and legal standards
• Ensure continued competence and updated field knowledge
• Proven working experience as physical therapist assistant
• Excellent knowledge of physiology best practices and standards
• Hands on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training and physical modalities
• Ability to communicate and instruct effectively
• Health care administration and documentation skills
• May be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weighing up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
• The position requires the ability to travel within a geographic area. If traveling by car, must possess a valid driver’s license and adequate car insurance.
• Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient’s condition and to perform patient care.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
• Associates or BS degree in PTA
• Must be licensed to practice or registered by the state of California.
• Two years of experience working as a physical therapist assistant in the home health setting preferred.
• Must have a criminal background check.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Be a part of a team making a meaningful, positive impact for others! We truly value and appreciate the effort and compassion our team members put forth to care for others
• Flexible shifts available for candidates interested in both full and part-time positions
• All full-time positions provide health, dental and vision benefits, 401k plan, and paid vacations after qualifying
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $35.00 /hour