Ready2Nurse is a startup home health agency filled with potential! The founder is not only an experienced Stanford trained Family Nurse Practitioner but also has a mission to energize the traditional home health approach! Our care plan is designed to be disease specific and supports healthy aging to promote longevity and improve quality of life.
• Provide initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
• Establish a treatment plan in consultation with the physician and revise it with the approval of the physician as necessary.
• Assist in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary patient care plan as it pertains to Physical Therapy.
• Assist the physician in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
• Treat patients to relieve pain, develop or restore functional and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
• Instruct patient in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
• Provide the equipment required to carry out the plan.
• Utilizing our Electronic Medical Record System, record on a timely basis all evaluation data, treatments, and patient’s response to therapy intervention in addition to quality assurance data.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of intervention and update the patient care plan as needed.
• Participate in the development of periodic revision of the physician’s plan of treatment keeping him/her informed of the patient’s status and obtaining additional orders if necessary.
• Teach, supervise, and counsel the family and patient in the physical therapy program.
• Communicate with physician and other team members (including Home Health Aides) and, when appropriate, instructs them in certain phases of physical therapy that they may use while working with the patient.
• Assist with administration functions concomitant with running a Home Health Agency.
• Participate in and assist with market outreach.
• May be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weighing up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
• The position requires the ability to travel within a geographic area. If traveling by car, must possess a valid driver’s license and adequate car insurance.
• Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient’s condition and to perform patient care.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
• Must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy school approved by the Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
• Must be licensed or registered by the state of California.
• Two years of experience working as a physical therapist in the home health setting preferred.
• Must have a criminal background check.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Be a part of a team making a meaningful, positive impact for others! We truly value and appreciate the effort and compassion our team members put forth to care for others.
• Flexible shifts available for candidates interested in both full and part-time postions.
• All full time positions provide health, dental and vision benefits, 401k plan, and paid vacations after qualifying
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45.00 to $70.00 /hour