Ready2Nurse is a startup home health agency filled with potential! The founder is not only an experienced Stanford trained Family Nurse Practitioner but also has a mission to energize the traditional home health approach! Our care plan is designed to be disease specific and supports healthy aging to promote longevity and improve quality of life.
We are looking for an educated and licensed Speech Language Pathologist to help patients improve their speech and swallowing functionality after medical events.
• Establish & revise as necessary Speech Therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians.
• Assure physician orders are appropriate and discuss necessary changes.
• Communicate with the physician at least every 30 days or whenever changes occur in patient status & obtain additional orders, as necessary.
• Record and report to physicians all patient reactions to treatments and /or changes in condition.
• Provide initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of patient needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
• Assist in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary patient care plan as it pertains to Speech Therapy.
• Teach, supervise, and counsel family and patient in the Speech Therapy program in their home.
• Record all evaluation data, treatments, clinical/progress notes and /or patient response to therapy on date of visit using the Ready2Nurse Electronic Medical Record System.
• Supervise per Ready2Nurse agency policy when Speech Therapy is the only professional discipline involved in patient care.
• Confirm, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Director of Patient Care Services to coordinate patient visit schedules.
• Participate with staff, patients, and physicians in discharge planning activities and complete Speech Therapy Discharge Summaries.
• Proven working experience as a Speech Language Pathologist
• Excellent knowledge of best practices and standards
• Ability to communicate and instruct effectively
• Health care administration and documentation skills
• Home Health background preferred but not necessary
• The position requires the ability to travel within a geographic area. If traveling by car, must possess a valid driver’s license and adequate car insurance.
• Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient’s condition and to perform patient care.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
• A Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology with a Bachelor Degree in the Field of Speech and Hearing Therapy preferred.
• Preferably a member of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
• Licensed or registered in the State of CA
• Must have at least one year of institutional experience.
• Must undergo a criminal background check.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Be a part of a team making a meaningful, positive impact for others! We truly value and appreciate the effort and compassion our team members put forth to care for others.
• Flexible shifts available for candidates interested in both full and part-time positions.
• All full-time positions provide health, dental and vision benefits, 401k plan, and paid vacations after qualifying
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Experience Dependent